Entire police unit resigns 'in disgust' because two officers were suspended for pushing elderly man

The same RWR who can't wait to see the Police brutalise innocent people will be the first to cry when they kick down their door. The simple reason they support this is that they think it won't happen to them.

You can support the UK Police and criticise US Police.

Sponsored Links
he was in the wrong
that does not mean the police had a right to push him over and give him a serious head injury.

Summarises the whole thread nicely.

At a demonstration you are always going to get people who deliberately or naively put themselves in a position that conflicts with what the police are legitimately trying to do at the time. The police were quite within their rights to 'move him on'. They were not within their rights to 'move him on' in such a way that he ends up on the floor with a serious head injury.

I accept that the police have a difficult job to do and they walk a fine line with the amount of force they use. But the American police seem to be on the wrong side of the line far too often and it strikes me that there is a cultural arrogance to the police that makes them think they can do these things with impunity.

Summarises the whole thread nicely.

At a demonstration you are always going to get people who deliberately or naively put themselves in a position that conflicts with what the police are legitimately trying to do at the time. The police were quite within their rights to 'move him on'. They were not within their rights to 'move him on' in such a way that he ends up on the floor with a serious head injury.

I accept that the police have a difficult job to do and they walk a fine line with the amount of force they use. But the American police seem to be on the wrong side of the line far too often and it strikes me that there is a cultural arrogance to the police that makes them think they can do these things with impunity.

Yes it called qualified immunity so Police Officers are shielded from being personally liable so really have little accountability. In the US and the US Police are not required by law to protect you as confirmed by federal courts.

Sponsored Links
it strikes me that there is a cultural arrogance to the police that makes them think they can do these things with impunity.
very well put -I hadnt thought of it like that, but its clearly true

How to deal with a disputed accusation of a parking violation
Im not sure there is enough information in the clip to reach the conclusion he was beaten unconscious.

We dont see how much opportunity the police gave the chap to be arrested without a struggle.
What we can see is the chap resisting arrest and the police are trying to get handcuffs on him.

The police could have been injured, they should have tazered him to calm him down.

Sponsored Links
Back