Entire police unit resigns 'in disgust' because two officers were suspended for pushing elderly man

Sponsored Links
at first glance I was assuming the officers resigned because of the mistreatment of the old guy, but supporting their fellow officers for that, FFS.

As an aside Galahad, it's great to see you post something of value and meaningful, rather than the usual ****e you post.(y)

Sponsored Links
That was absolutely disgraceful behaviour. Anyone know how the old fella is? Looked to me like the blood was coming out of his ear. :eek:

At some stage someone is going to open up with an assault rifle against these cops.
Wasn't their a case like this in the uk some years ago? A person being pushed violently by a wall of riot cops?

It was nice to see the officers give first aid, after pushing the guy over. Oh wait, they didn't.

He was a social justice activist.

"Mr Gugino is a longtime social justice activist in Buffalo
"He "has been a tireless fighter against injustice of all types for many years in our city both with Push and other grassroots organisations," they said in a statement, condemning police for his treatment."
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52945190

The squad have not resigned from the police, just from the riot squad. They are still active and employed as policemen.​

Looking at the video again. There are 3 officers involved. The one on the left who initially stops to help is probably the least culpable. The hard push came from the one on the right and the one behind who pushes the one on the left and later prevents the one on the left from helping. It seems that the excess force was due to the force of all 3 combined.

First priority would be to ensure he is breathing and has a pulse. Neither was in danger and no warning was given.

Last edited:
Looked to me like the blood was coming out of his ear.
It was.

Its horrible to watch, even allowing for the fact police when facing riots are in a state of heightened alert and maybe fearful, this seemed just violence for the sake of it.

Looked to me like the blood was coming out of his ear.

One symptom of a fractured skull.

from https://www.wkbw.com/

The statement, released by attorney Kelly V. Zarcone, describes Gugino as a "longtime peaceful protester and human rights advocate." According to the release, he is in serious but stable condition and is "alert and oriented.

Sponsored Links
Back