Entire police unit resigns 'in disgust' because two officers were suspended for pushing elderly man

The old guy put himself in harms way by deliberately ignoring an order to move.

I wish people wouldn't victim blame. He's an old man who wasn't threatening the police in any way and looking at the video actually wasn't given any time to move or get out the way after they spoke. Funny innit, am sure if Vinty saw a couple of younger men push an old man hard he'd be angry - but seems that because it's the cops that's ok. Sigh.

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know what the police were walking towards? I would really like to see a wider shot showing the entire situation the police faced.

It does seem horrible and callous from what the video shows. But what if the police were about to confront and try and contain a large crowd that was getting out of control. Just may be their best action was to keep moving forward and allow following medics to deal with the man.

And also, if there was a riot about to kick off, that would not be a good time to start trying to confront the police, especially for a 75 year old.

The police are very often put into no-win situations.

Hope he recovers fully and quickly, but, silly old man, what was he doing walking towards an advancing wall of shields and what did he expect?

Sponsored Links
Exactly. Our police aren’t perfect, but you rarely see this sort of blatant aggression from our police.

No you don't, in fact you never see any aggression from the British police these days. Help yourself to some trainers.

No you don't, in fact you never see any aggression from the British police these days. Help yourself to some trainers.
The talking to people way of policing has worked in the UK for years.
I'd prefer that that gun carrying thugs any day.

Hope he recovers fully and quickly, but, silly old man, what was he doing walking towards an advancing wall of shields and what did he expect?
More victim blaming.

I wish people wouldn't victim blame. He's an old man who wasn't threatening the police in any way and looking at the video actually wasn't given any time to move or get out the way after they spoke. Funny innit, am sure if Vinty saw a couple of younger men push an old man hard he'd be angry - but seems that because it's the cops that's ok. Sigh.
I understand your point and agree with it to a certain extent but the old guy should have known that he was in danger of provoking an overreaction from the police in such a tense situation.
I hope he recovers and carrys on protesting if thats what he wants to do.
Hopefully he will protest from a safe distance.

I have already conceded that the police overreacted in this instance.
In situations of high tension things can go wrong, the police themselves were probably high on adrenaline and pushed the old man a bit harder than intended.

I have already conceded that the police overreacted in this instance.
In situations of high tension things can go wrong, the police themselves were probably high on adrenaline and pushed the old man a bit harder than intended.
Wow you can almost see the smoke from that back-peddle.

Perhaps vinty thinks its ok to overreact?
When i used the word overreact it must be obvious that i don't think it is ok.
Would you advise this old guy to exercise his democratic right to put himself in harms way by walking into a line of riot police.

Wow you can almost see the smoke from that back-peddle.
I see the NFL have finally conceded they were wrong over the bended knee protest started by Colin Kaepernick

Trump of course being the racist that he is insists it's the wrong thing to do.

It will be interesting to see what happens on August 28th

Sponsored Links
Back