Entrotec ED4+ problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have noticed that Entrotec ED4+ intercom handset does not want to ring. Well it's a sounder. I know it's very similar issue to this thread here https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/entrotec-ed4-handset.463654/ (I thought I should make a new thread as this is about a slightly different model, the + and I am not sure about rules on old threads)

I am not sure that it is the speaker at fault as when someone presses the button on the panel outside, while I can only hear for a nano second the sounder alarm go on the ED4, when I pick up the handset I can talk to the person without problem. I can release the door too so it's not a power issue. And it's not the privacy button as that LED is off, and I can as I said, hear the sounder for about half a second if that before it goes off.

All cables in are tight, and it did work when it was intalled brand new 6 months ago.

Obviously, due to the coronavirus issue we have, this is not deemed to be an urgent repair for the company that installed them, so I need to probably fix this myself.

Other neighbours do not have this issue as I have spoke with them and their ones all work okay so I suspect it is the handset, or something in the handset.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Sponsored Links
I repair these systems and normally it’s the handset at fault ....but I’ve been to one in the last month and it’s the main pcb controller that is the issue as I wired a handset to the controller and tried it ....normally it puts the call LED on solid but it kept just flickering the LED about 2/3 of calls ...a call to tech support pointed towards a pcb component fault this was a 10 year old system , how old is yours ? What is the date code inside your handset ?

The date inside is 10/19 so it's pretty newly made.

Sponsored Links
It was a brand new full system. I know it's under warranty but they won't fix it as I said while all this is going on as it's not essensial.

Living with it is not an option though as I have already had issues with vital deliveries being missed due to this (medication for one). I know the EX slot is empty, and is for an external sounder/strobe. I wonder if I can utalise this for the time being? And if I can, any suggestions to what would work and help?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back