entry level blowtorch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Can anyone suggest a basic blowtorch for soldering 15mm pipe which is suitable for DYI?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
There is only one worth having, the ones the pro's use - Rothenburger.

Instant, precise and hot, but 3x the cost of a cheapy.

There is only one worth having, the ones the pro's use - Rothenburger.

Instant, precise and hot, but 3x the cost of a cheapy.

In the main I am happy with with the build quality of their products but my Rothenburger blow torch plus rothenburger gas bottle was pants, it often blew itself out when you turned it upside down.

I lost my rothenburgen years ago and bought a cheap wickes one for solder a couple of joints.
Yes, it takes longer to warm up the joint and yes, you need a lighter to start the flame.
But if you (like me) do a few joints a couple of times a year, that's absolutely fine.
I've had the same gas bottle for the past 5 years, that tell you how often I use it.

Sponsored Links
In the main I am happy with with the build quality of their products but my Rothenburger blow torch plus rothenburger gas bottle was pants, it often blew itself out when you turned it upside down.

I have two here, one of which as the brass regulator. One of the bonuses was that no matter which way you oriented it, the flame remained the same. With cheap gas blow lamps, you get the flaring as gas turns to liquid coming through the jet..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back