Entryphone system DIY help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

We have moved into a flat and the entryphone needs replacing. I have the following handset at the moment

http://www.intercomsrus.com/handset pdf/Entryphone 5901 Intercom Handset Data Sheet.pdf

It says L Speech In (Speaker) P Speech Out (Mic) B,F,G Common (what's common?!) A Call 3 Lock (Button 1)

and the new one I have purchased is the following
http://www.exterior.md/sites/default/files/dp-ss.pdf

The wiring diagram at the back of the handset is attached
Which cable goes to which number?

I really appreciate if someone can help. I have messed up the wiring and no longer able to use the system

Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_4510 (1).JPG
    IMG_4510 (1).JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 642
Sponsored Links
Why do you believe this replacement is compatible with the system? See the last paragraph in the first document you linked to.

I would try:
Old --> New
B/F/G --> 3 and 6
A --> 4
3 --> 5
L --> 1
P --> 2

The last two are just a guess; they could be the other way around. I'd leave them disconnected at first and see if the other connections are sufficient to make the buzzer and door release button work.

Thank you so much. I hope it works. I will let you know how it goes

What was wrong with the old phone? It looks very basic without any electronics, which usually means it will last for many years, perhaps just needing the hook switch contacts cleaning every now and again.

Sponsored Links
The flat was renovated and it looked bizarre after the refurbishment :\

I see. The phone appears to use a standard GPO handset which is very well designed, it uses the same handset as my hall phone...

Do note the comment on the information page about other manufacturers phones having quiet speech.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back