EPDM and stove flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a classicbond epdm roof on my workshop and would like to install a log burner. The roof is just OSB3 and then the epdm. What pipe should I stick up through the roof, so it doesn't melt my rubber?

Anyone else done this? If so have you had any problems with embers burning holes in the epdm?

Sponsored Links
Your question might be better served in the Roofing and Guttering forum.
I'll leave it to you to request the mods to move it for you. (Use the 'Report' function and request the move).

Your question might be better served in the Roofing and Guttering forum.
I'll leave it to you to request the mods to move it for you. (Use the 'Report' function and request the move).
Thanks just sent a report to move thread

You will need a twin wall flue and cover the epdm with chippings to protect from embers.
Check the joists are adequate for the extra weight.

Sponsored Links
You will need a twin wall flue and cover the epdm with chippings to protect from embers.
Check the joists are adequate for the extra weight.
I did think about covering it in chippings. That is a shame though as I quite like the minimalistic look of just plain old epdm

Seldek (and others) do high temperature flat roof flashings to weatherproof the penetration. Surely your flue should terminate high enough not to rain burning embers all over your roof? I believe the minimum should be some metres. Maybe you could surrounded the area with a few sacrificial layers of EPDM and see how it goes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back