EPSON C42 printer - very strange noises

nec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I am using a second hand EPSON Stylus C42 plus printer that seems to be working OK apart from very strange noises coming from it as the ink carriage travels along the route.

If it was a car I would find a way of lubricating it with a grease gun - :?: does anyone have an idea as to what do we do to these machines please? and no - binning it is not an option as I have just bought some ink for it and we know how much that costs!

thanx

Sponsored Links
I think that most "low end" printers are not desigend to last, i like epson, perhaps you could buy another same model? i wouldnt try lubricating it though

why did the person get sell it? any idea how old it is?

I had a similar problem with an Epson 740 and I lubricated the shiney rod that the print head slides along, it seemed to work OK.
regards johnwr

breezer said:
I think that most "low end" printers are not desigend to last, i like epson, perhaps you could buy another same model? i wouldnt try lubricating it though

why did the person get sell it? any idea how old it is?

They dont make things like they used to. I have an R300 photo and to fill it with ink would cost £60. Forget it. I discovered bulk buying compatible cartridges ;) £45 for 3 sets of ink (21 inks in total) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Yes like johnwr I did the same just ran a lightlly oiled cloth along print cartridge slider arm and it cured the problem.My printer was also a Epson C42 but a little while later the print heads packed up anyway, so I think as breezer said these budget printers do have a limited life

Try rubing some wd40 on the cartridge runner as suggested. New printer is always an option, an espon C46 will only set you back £36.

craft1289; £45 for 3 sets of carts, bah i know a place that does them for £1 each :p

Back