Epson perfection 1260

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above scanner which comes on at start up & sits there unused all the time my pc is on. I would like to disable it & only switch it on when I want to use it but cannot find any mention of it in msconfig start up. Can anyone tell me how to achieve this, other than physically disconnecting it. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Have you a scanner icon in the Windows system tray? - if you have and are lucky there might be the option to disable scanner at start up

Alternatively (assuming Windows XP) goto Start/All Programs/Startup and see if your scanner is shown - delete as required

Sponsored Links
If there's an icon in the SysTray, I'm pretty sure there'll be and entry for the scanner in msconfig. It perhaps just doesn't look related. Maybe an answer would be to type any unknown msconfig entries into a search engine and look up what they do. Most processes found in msconfig are defined somewhere on the Internet. See if one mentions the scanner.

Thanks Tony tried Epson, they tell me it is not possible to switch off. Thanks anyway to you & Rider for your suggestions.

Back