Erbauer mitre saw - blade not spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, my mitre saw blade no longer spins, the motor spins as normal on the button though. Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you

Sponsored Links
probably the securing bolt that hold the blade on the arbour[spindle] needs tightening more than likely a reverse thread

Thank you, I've just looked at the saw and the safety switch doesn't seem to be connected to anything? I've attached a picture, should this press the black button behind it? Thank you

Attachments

• 20211212_135543.jpg
    20211212_135543.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 303
that button should lock the blade
with the saw unplugged do you get any resistance if you turn the blade by hand ?

Sponsored Links
Thank you, the blade spins freely by hand with or without the button being pressed

well it still sounds like the bolt or screw holding the blade in position is loose ??
does the blade move from side to side at all??

I've just tightened it, hardly any play in it, when I press the on switch the motor fires up and the blade spins a little but when press on to some wood it stops. The safety button I assume is also broken as it does nothing and doesn't seem to be connected to anything, I assume a bit has fallen off.

ok sounds like the wrong thickness off blade or too thick adapter ring iff correctly fitted
did it work ok before this blade was fitted??

Yes it worked fine with this blade then suddenly stopped working when I went to cut the next piece of wood.

the next stage is find the expoded diagram remove the blade and check you have the correct bits fitted in the correct order cleaning any mating[meeting] surfaces as you go

I am confused. The button looks like a spindle lock button. If it is, then when you press the button it will stop the blade spinning so that you can either loosen it or tighten it.

Based on the the way that I have read your posts, the blade sounds loose and the button is not a safety button.

Thank you everyone, I'll try and find an exploded diagram for it. Re the button, it seems to do nothing when pressed and I turn the blade (with no power).

I don't think it's a blade issue as it worked fine that morning cutting wood, then it suddenly stopped spinning.

But the red button on the handle I thought was a safety switch, I'm convinced something has fallen/broken off as it does nothing, it simply moves on the bracket back and forth, nothing connected to it and it touches nothing now.

Thanks again everyone

press and hold in the button and tighten the the nut or bolt holding the blade in the center' the button should jump when the groove lines up and it locks into the shaft

Thank you, the button doesn't hold the blade sadly. I've taken it all apart and re the picture attached, the end I'm holding is where the blade is bolted on and the other end is the cog that engages with the motor and the blade lock button. When I turn it the cog turns but when I turn it and hold the cog it still turns so the issue is this I assume? I'm unsure if this part is available or fixable. Many thanks

Attachments

• 20211214_145209.jpg
    20211214_145209.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 371

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back