Erecting Close Board Fence Advice and Suppliers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My back garden is enclosed by a short brick wall followed by 4ft fence panels to achieve approx. 2-meter high barrier. The fence drops down and goes around a curve (the existing panels aren't fitted well around the curve as its too tight).

The short brick wall is being rebuilt and I'm planning on replacing the panels using more posts to get around that curve.

Am assuming that rather than going for close board panels it would be cheaper to build a close board fence.

Given the drop in level, I think an aris rail system may not work for me, also I want to pack out the posts with the rail to bring the finished fence closer to the brick wall.

Can anyone recommend a UK wide supplier of fencing of this type?

Are there any tutorials I can look at that would give me a head start?

Also, any advice on how to spec the job would be great?

Sponsored Links
My front gardens on corner with curve around, fitted posts to wall and followed curve with smaller spacing, also picked out slightly bowed arris rail which helped follow curve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back