Error loading ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the last couple of weeks or so, every time I switch on my lap top I get the following once Vista has booted up:

Error loading
C:\users\my name\AppData\Roaming\imagehlpe.dll

Access denied

Any ideas what this os all about and how do I repair said dll?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
did you mean...

C:\users\my name\AppData\Roaming\imagehpe.dll ...?

If you can go back to a restore point prior to getting the msg then it should cure it..

this issue is sometimes caused by installing new software or even MS updates..

Well, that didn't work I'm sorry to say and the file is definitely \imagehlpe.dll.

I've updated my copy of AVG 9 (paid subscription) and run it. Found a trojan or two plus tracking cookies, all of which have been nuked.

Still getting that dialog box on vista boot up though. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Try running Malwarebytes and Superantispyware, links for both in the sticky at the top of the page.

If that don't work try this:-

Open a command prompt, as an administrator (right click "run as administrator")

type sfc /scannow into the command prompt window this will check the system files and replace any incorrect files, however as the file is in appdata i doubt it is a system file, more likely something left over from a programme which has been removed, or Malware.

OK. Have run Malwarebytes and Superantispyware and nothing untoward found with either. Have also updated vista and still getting the same message.

How do I get a command prompt and how do I get something to run as administrator please?

Hi Percy,

go to Start, Programmes, Accessories, in their you will see the command prompt CMD, right click and choose run as administrator, then type in sfc /scannow and hit enter. Note the space between sfc and /

Have you installed or removed any programmes just before this started happening?

OK i am struggling now, i have Googled it and not seen anything the same as your situation, but many pages regarding errors with that file, most point i think it will be something to do with an installation.

When you installed Open Office, did you install the latest version of Java?

If not go HERE and press the big red button, if you don't have Java or it's out of date install, reboot and come back and let us know how you got on.

OK heres my take on this, a program that uses that DLL file no longer has access to it because your AV has removed it as a possible virus attack

Go to start run type "msconfig" hit enter

Click on the start up tab, this is everything that is linked to your system tray which is bottom right next to your time

1 at a time, untick a box then restart your laptop if problem persists the put tick back in and then untick the next box and so on until u have found the right box and you will know this because on re-boot the message will not be there, then u just simply leave it unticked

It is also a good idea once you have found the culprit to go back to "msconfig" choose tab again and untick everything that relates to a program, its just totally unnecessary to have things in there like "Adobe Acrobat Reader" "Groove Monitor Untility" I mean WTF!!!! its nonsense

Hope that helps

Sponsored Links
Back