Estimate for work..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone able to comment?

Following a post last week, I've got a quote in from an Electrician for some wiring for a hot tub in the garden. Can anyone give me a reality check on the price (I've no idea if it is good or not).

The work:

Supply and Fit new RCD unit to the incoming electricity supply (not from the RCD unit already fitted) to ensure it is completely seperated to house.

Supply and Fit approx 30m of 6mm Armoured Cable (40A) to garden (To be buried by drive way people the following week, hence no digging!).

An external lockable isolator to be supplied and fitted to wall 2m before the hottub and deck on external wall of the house.

The total price has been quoted as £360.60 plus vat.

Is this good or bad?

Thanks for any advice.

Regards

Carl

Sponsored Links
Doesn't sound at all bad, actually. Although the 'drive way people' may be covering it up ultimately, I'd imagine the spark will want to ensure that they don't damage it in the process, so there might be a bit of digging.

But if you're not sure, get another quote. Make sure though, that you are comparing like for like.

I've tried for three quotes, this was the only one who would be able to provide an installation cerificate (not sure what the type or number was) that is required by hot tub company. The guy appeared to ask all the right questions and generally appeared to be concious of making a good job of it (there was several ways to run the wire). I was hoping for a price around £250, so is slightly more than I wanted, but sometimes you can't have what you want!!! I'll stop being a cheap skate ;)

I think I'll give him a call. Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
speedco said:
I'll stop being a cheap skate ;)

That's what you get for buying a hot tub!! It's like getting electric gates and a gucci new workshop in the garden... you've already demonstrated that you like to spend money!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back