ESWA Celing Heating / Thermostats

HI,

I agree - a real downside. From what i read its designed to be a very efficeint heating system but surely having no timer is going to result in it being on a lot more than it ideally needs to be. Oh well...thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Eswa are one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. My house is heated with eswa ceiling heaters which have stopped working downstairs. I checked the thermostat myself and found it to be fine so my wife called Eswa to ask them to come and replace the heating pads.
The man on the phone told her that she could have the ceiling lowered by an inch rather than having the whole ceiling pulled down which she said was far preferable so agreed for one of their guys to come to the house to price the job up. We thought the £120.00 call out was expensive but decided to go ahead and factor this in to the overall cost.
Today an arrogant, rude, little man arrived at our house, spent ten minutes looking at the thermostat and shining an led light at the ceiling then told us exactly what we'd already told them, that the thermostat was fine and the pads need replacing.
He then quoted for a job which involved tearing down the ceiling, we said we wanted a lowered ceiling as discussed and he just said "No, you can't have that" He then told us that Eswa have nothing to do with ceilings and that we'd have to arrange a builder ourselves, which is not what the man on the phone said. Admitedly Eswa never said that they did do ceilings, but they never said they don't either.
I called the office to explain and found them to be extremely arrogant and unhelpful.
They are a terrible company and I would never deal with them again.
£120 for a pointless ten minute call out is criminal.

Most ceiling heating mats can be tested using a Ohm meter 0-100 range for larger rooms & 0-1000 range for smaller rooms (bath room size).
The Thermostats can be replaced using any suitable air measuring stat with the ability to handle loads of up to 16Amps.If the stat has a set back facility then the same type should be used.

Sponsored Links
Hi
The Hi-Low switch is a set back switch which allows the setting on the thermostat to be set back by 5° ie if stat is indicating 20° it will set the new on temp at 15° and this would be the same for all the thermostats in the property.
Regardless of the individual setting of each thermostat they to would allso be set back by 5°.
A timer could be added to the circuit at the consummers unit position but would be best installed in conjuction with a frost thermostat for added frost protection overide.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back