Ethos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any of yu lot fitted an Ethos combi, our merchant is pushing them and the figures certainly sound good for hot water etc,not cheap but if i get some good feedback i may try one.

Sponsored Links
Any of yu lot fitted an Ethos combi, our merchant is pushing them and the figures certainly sound good for hot water etc,not cheap but if i get some good feedback i may try one.

do a search on Ethos. A quality boiler and does what they say it does.

It has a reputation as a good boiler but BigBurner is retired and not CORGI registered and he does not fit boilers!

Tony

Thanks for that Agile, just wanna know who if anyone has fitted one, its for myself, but not been installing any decent boilers recently, all cheapos for our firm,so not up on best boilers . I read all i can but recommendations are always good to have.

Sponsored Links
It has a reputation as a good boiler but BigBurner is retired and not CORGI registered and he does not fit boilers!

Tony

Personal insults. You have lost it.

I am not retired. You are clearly a boiler serviceman and tend not to know about thermal system design to the point that you should keep quiet attempting to advise on such things. Your advice is misleading to say the least. I have the impression you are a CORGI course person who has only ever repaired boilers. Not good. The best men come from the fitting side as this gives full all round appreciation of the business.

I have seen a few Ethos boilers fitted and they perform as advertised. They look quality.

I am not retired.

OK then, if you are not retired and are active in the HVAC industry then why do you hide your identity? Are you a member of the IDHE or IPHE?

Would you like to join some of us for a curry meal out near Golders Green tube on the 2nd July at about 8 pm ?

Tony

So you are an unidentified nobody!

Someone who is retired and frightened of your own shaddow! Not a member of the IDHE or the IPHE as the leading trade bodies either!

Not very sociable either!

Tony

There is always a risk in using niche market products, I would wait until you find someone who has experience of them,so you can check it out.

We fitted a niche product from another manufacturer recently, and it turned into a bit of a fiasco. Can't really say any more at this stage.

There is always a risk in using niche market products, I would wait until you find someone who has experience of them,so you can check it out.

We fitted a niche product from another manufacturer recently, and it turned into a bit of a fiasco. Can't really say any more at this stage.

The Ethos is just a combi boiler which is hardly a niche product. Most boilers fitted in the UK these days are combi boilers.

a 54kw domestic combi is niche product :LOL: also mikrofill (Ethos)is a low volume boiler maker, where as some one like vaillant have 100,000's of boilers to hammer out problems.

and the useless random heat-line fact of the day is mikrofill used to use/re-badge heat-lines old '24 star' combi.

Spot on, Mehran.

And the new boiler installation we have been having problems with is one of Dr Drivels (aka Big Burner) other fav raves. It also happens to be a niche market powerful combi.

Wasn't going to ask him, because he never fits anything, he just reads the spec sheets.

A valuable service, for Stevie Wonder. AFAIK he is not a registered user on this forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back