Euro Cylinder Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a composite front door with a Euro cylinder lock & pad handle. So when unlocking, the first turn of the key unlocks & then opens the latch. Very occasionally the key turns continually in the cylinder. Is this likely to be the Euro cylinder or the lock mechanism?

I've removed the cylinder & can't recreate the issue by holding the actuator/paddle/thingy but as I said, it's very intermittent anyway.

Sponsored Links
I’ve had that twice in the composite door we have over the last 18 years. Both times, replacing the Euro cylinder cured it.

Interesting. I've never experienced it before in any of the Euro cylinders I've had. I've spun the cylinder around when refitting it to see if it helps. Meanwhile I must remember to keep a back door key with me in case it fails completely!

We never leave keys in Eurocylinders as unless the key is correctly lined up and pulled out a bit on the inside, you can never get a key in and open them otherwise. We also keep a spare patio door key in a key safe, hidden in outer garden

Sponsored Links
If your backdoor is a euro cylinder as well I would get a new pair ‘keyed alike’.

I’ve just done ours with the Avocet ABS locks, 3 locks, 7 keys, £162 and 10 minutes to fit them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back