Euro hinges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got some recessed Euro hinges. Before I screw them into door, want to get them at 90 degrees to door edge. Shall I use straight edge or set square? (As in pictures. )

Also, when putting the part of hinge which goes onto door lining, what's the best way to put this into the correct place? Same as butt hinges i.e top hinge one screw then bottom hinge one screw etc
20211019_001319.jpg
20211019_001242.jpg
20211018_231525.jpg

Sponsored Links
Straight edge pressed against the back to line the hinges as in your pic .
Get a plastic template to mark the hinge plates , you should be able to get height position by measurement from centre of 35mm door boring to the top of door. Theres room for a little adjustment by the elongated holes in the plates https://www.amazon.co.uk/Concealed-...vlocphy=20343&hvtargid=pla-701038545798&psc=1
or you can but an actual drilling guide for euro screws if your drilling skills are shakey.

Last edited:
I just mark parallel pencil lines down frame and door edge and screw thru that.

I just mark parallel pencil lines down frame and door edge and screw thru that.

I got three hinges so pump it into position then mark the centre line across from centre of hole to lining? Then put plate in from centre line?

Do I need black jig thing?

Before I put it into cupboard opening was gonna practice on my kitchen door lining ( I'll remove door stop). Do you pump it up using airbag into position then mark centre line across?
20211019_094454.jpg
20211019_092014.jpg
20211019_091659.jpg

Sponsored Links
Ive got to ask because, well because:LOL:, your not fixing that door to be wholly inside a frame are you, and not outside it as in a kitchen cabinet door?

We're back to the understairs door - again. And aren't those hinges overlay type, or insets? Just checking

Just transfer measurements from door to cupboard sides, those look like clip on hinges so easy to fit.

We're back to the understairs door - again. And aren't those hinges overlay type, or insets? Just checking
Yeah I think so. Arent all euro hinges like this? The joiner who knocked up the door recommended them. In fact sold me them. Won't they be ok on the inside or if I put a lining in? Your suggested door - mortise and tenon was too hard for me and it's just a cupboard. 18mm mdf.

20211019_190109.jpg
Ok so just practiced on my kitchen door lining- i place it on the floor and marked across from centre of hinge then marked 7mm up. I then washt sure how far in from edge screws would go. As this door is inset finishes flush I I calculated the usual 35mm plus 18mm for thickness of mdf so 53mm in. But it seems 2mm proud. Should I go 55mm in?
20211019_185101.jpg
20211019_185049.jpg
20211019_173402.jpg
View attachment 247589 View attachment 247590

Last edited:
I was being sarcastic, honestly. (I know I know - lowest form of wit)

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back