Euro lock seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I look at my lock barrel, I can see the light coming in around it. I cannot silicone against the end as I then cannot possible fit the escutcheon. Oh, and I also cannot get the thumb turn off or this would make it easy. Its a GreenteQ Orion 3 star barrel.

Are there such things as seals for euro barrels? Google hasn't turned up anything, which I was a little surprised about.

Thanks
Tim

Sponsored Links
I remember seeing some years ago , a foam ' packer ' round the barrel... haven't seen them for a while though

Weren't mine were they, I had a few hundred laser cut out of self adhesive neoprene foam once, fit nice under the handle
IMG-20230324-WA0003.jpg

Sponsored Links
All gone I'm afraid but you can buy similar in a brush seal but I can only see for wooden door handles and mortice locks

I'm struggling to understand why silicon can't be applied to the accessible end without compromising lock functionality?

I'm struggling to understand why silicon can't be applied to the accessible end without compromising lock functionality?

Outside has a high security escutcheon, and inside, the thumbturn doesn't appear to be removable from this barrel, so I cannot remove the end, silicone, fit internal escutcheon, then re-fit thumbturn

Does the escutcheon have a cover plate that carefully prises off and then an Allen key holding it to the barrel?

pics would have helped to see exactly how it's installed. I still can't get my head around how the barrel can't be sealed in some manner, without compromising function. Surely the installation must come apart in some manner, otherwise how would it be removed e.g. if replacing. It's maybe just me being daft, however pics speak a 1000 words as they say.

The internal escutcheon will likely be a self adhesive type just to tidy up the hole that's routered out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back