Euro6 compliance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2013 VW golf 1.6 TDi.
It is not Euro6 emissions compliant.

I wish to bring it up to Euro 6.
I have had a look around and it seems there are no conversion kits.

This is an emissions issue for filtering the exaust particulate as I understand things.

How do you build an exaust filter to make the emissions output Euro6?

Can you buy something bolt on for your exaust?

Sponsored Links
Simply, you can't.
The emperor's tax has been designed to destroy the small businesses and poorer people, so nothing you can do about it.
I assume that you are in one of the "low pollution" zones.
You can either:
1. Use a cloned number plate
2. Cover your car in mud and hope not to be pulled by cops
3. Join the blade runners and kill all cameras on your usual route
4. Falsely register as disabled
5. Register the car in a real disable person name
6. Go about your day, ignore all fines and accept that at one point you'll be declared bankrupt (this works if you own nothing)

I don't recommend any of the above, but those are some solutions that people have found.
More drastic ones have been omitted.

Trade it in for a petrol, maybe have a weekend up north or elsewhere well away from London doing the rounds at the dealers and getting some part ex offers. Euro 6 diesels have so much anti-pollution junk you'd have to be mad to buy one.

Sponsored Links
It’s a noble idea kez but you’ll need adblue with all of its equipment to do that......not to mention ECU programming and so on.
Best look for a replacement vehicle unfortunately.
John

Simply, you can't.
The emperor's tax has been designed to destroy the small businesses and poorer people, so nothing you can do about it.
I assume that you are in one of the "low pollution" zones.
You can either:
1. Use a cloned number plate
2. Cover your car in mud and hope not to be pulled by cops
3. Join the blade runners and kill all cameras on your usual route
4. Falsely register as disabled
5. Register the car in a real disable person name
6. Go about your day, ignore all fines and accept that at one point you'll be declared bankrupt (this works if you own nothing)

I don't recommend any of the above, but those are some solutions that people have found.
More drastic ones have been omitted.

I think moving house, even to another country, may be simpler and/or cheaper than some of the suggestions. :giggle:

Unless you do a lot of longer journeys to get a Euro 6 diesel up to temperature and enable regen cycle regularly you are in for a lot of pain.
You ae better off with a petrol.

Unless you do a lot of longer journeys to get a Euro 6 diesel up to temperature and enable regen cycle regularly you are in for a lot of pain.
You ae better off with a petrol.
I don’t think he's that bothered about the emissions the car gives out, more that the Euro 6 engine will be exempt from Khans tax.

have to agree - go for a petrol engined car.

On my diesel it was not the DPF that had to be repaired/replaced - it was the EGR system.

I have a 2013 VW golf 1.6 TDi.
It is not Euro6 emissions compliant.

I wish to bring it up to Euro 6.
I have had a look around and it seems there are no conversion kits.

This is an emissions issue for filtering the exaust particulate as I understand things.

How do you build an exaust filter to make the emissions output Euro6?

Can you buy something bolt on for your exaust?

As others have said, this simply isn't possible. Euro 5 was mostly about particulate emissions and DPFs. Euro 6 was largely about NOx (oxides of nitrogen), which necessitated the use of AdBlue and "selective catalytic reduction". The changes would cost more than buying another Euro 6 car (or a Euro 4 or later petrol car).

Everyone's anger is directed at Khan, but the government is under a High Court order to improve air quality anyway. Our cities are very polluted and we're killing more people with crap air quality than we are by running them over.

Sponsored Links
Back