Euromini alarm sensor problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly, apologies because my knowledge about alarm systems can be written on a postage stamp! However, I would really, really appreciate any help that you might be able to offer.

I have been having a problem with my Euromini (rins1209-4) alarm system recently. I have sensors on all of my external doors and these have been working perfectly - apart from one. For one sensor, if you leave the door open, my alarm will go off randomly without warning. This might be after a couple of seconds after opening, to about 10-15 minutes later. The panel then displays the error "Tamper on input", but I can't find any information about this on the internet or through the manual! All other sensors on my system work okay, and there are no problems when the door is left shut (nor is there any problem when I set the whole house alarm and leave it for several days). I've cleaned the outside of my malfunctioning sensor with no success, and was wondering what I should do next. The system is completely wired in and so there shouldn't be any problems with batteries (??? - unless there is one in the sensor on the opening door?)

Thank you once again for any advice that you might be able to fire my way :)

Sponsored Links
This is a problem with the tamper on this item , post a picture of the sensor you have , some have micro switches with a spring , some don't,so cant comment untill you post a picture.

This is a problem with the tamper on this item , post a picture of the sensor you have , some have micro switches with a spring , some don't,so cant comment untill you post a picture.

My door sensor looks like this:

The left hand sensor is wired, the right one isn't Whilst it's a little snug when closing (as the door has expanded slightly), the sensor cases are not at all loose.

Any ideas? Thank you so much! :)

Sponsored Links
Right this is an elmdene qst-rd take the lid off the contact on the frame,the alarm will go off internally tamper,enter code to stop,inside is a small spring slightly stretch the spring and put the lid back on ,it hooks on at the other end to the screw then the screw secures the lid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back