Burglar alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a home alarm system, with a Scantronic 9425 - although I don't know if this is the actual model of the alarm system. I want to remove a sensor for redecorating, however when I open the tamper sensor activates the alarm. If I put back and use my user code it resets the system. However, my question is, if I leave the sensor open, not put the cover back, will I still be able to reset the system and turn off the alarm.

BTW, I dont have the engineers code.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
i've no idea on the model, but they are all fairly similar inside. You could open the panel and bypass the tamper circuit with a loop of wire while you work.

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for your reply. So are you saying that I can turn off alarm siren when I open detector, but the controls will show tamper. Or I cannot leave open and turn off the siren?

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back