European Referendum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Europe needs us more than we need them.
And in any case we sell more to the rest of the world. baruso, von rumpoy etc would do well to remember that.

Britian is now Germany's largest trading partner. BMW's CEO isn't gonna stop selling us cars just because some douche in Brussels can't tell us where to sh@it next. :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
AronSearle,

Just to re-hash: if the EU dissolves then all bets are off. The withdrawal of the UK could cause an EU collapse. So:

1. does the USA stay committed in Europe?
2. will NATO hold?
3. will right wing nationalists take power in various countries?
4. who now will hold Germany in check? How?

Norcon,

what do you mean: "Europe needs us more than we need them"? In what sense -militarily, economically, as a financial centre, as a trading partner?

How does "selling more to the rest of the world" help if we "lose" the EU market?

"The withdrawal of the UK could cause an EU collapse"

That sounds well scary.

What pray tell will baruso and von rumpoy (and all the other paper shufflers) do for a pension?

Sponsored Links
JBR,

I took the trouble to give you a detailed reply. What does your reply mean?

I still have my suspicions, but if it turns out I was wrong I shall (unlike Joe) apologise.

Norcon,

what do you mean: "Europe needs us more than we need them"? In what sense -militarily, economically, as a financial centre, as a trading partner?

How does "selling more to the rest of the world" help if we "lose" the EU market?

Why would America lose the eu market?

AronSearle,

Just to re-hash: if the EU dissolves then all bets are off. The withdrawal of the UK could cause an EU collapse. So:

2. will NATO hold?

1. The USA will do exactly what is best for the USA!
2. I don't see why not. Why shouldn't it?
3. Which parties, specifically, would you describe as 'right wing nationalists'?
4. NATO.

Norcon,

Fair enough, chase the rascals out but dont throw the baby out with the dirty water.
If we renounce our treaty obligations then, if the EU remains in force, we will definitely find selling goods to them far harder and expensive, and there is the greatest threat - full of unknowns - of what happens now with the financial & stock markets?

I thought it had become perfectly clear that the EU is not going to make any concessions for us. Therefore, unless we are happy to continue to be taken to the cleaners, the only option is for us to leave.

I don't believe that we shall find selling goods to the EU more difficult and, of course, a much wider world market will be available to us.

If the EU should collapse upon Britain leaving it, then I'd be very happy. A new free-trade organisation could be set up, which is what the predecessor of the EU was. I don't understand why we should need to have a political dictatorship and open borders in order to have free-trade agreements.

With regard to the important matter of open borders, I have always been able to travel to other European countries in the past and have noticed no difference since we have been a member of the EU.

Btw, 'we' ('we will definitely find selling goods to them...')? I thought you were in America. Is this an accurate assumption, just as I assumed that DC lived in France? :mrgreen:

JBR,

I wont go on discussing these issues with you. Whatever weird fantasy you seem to be mistaking me for is simply wrong and a nuisance.

AronSearle,

2. will NATO hold?

The EU is not Europe, which part of this do you not get?

1. Who cares?
2. NATO has nothing to do with the EU.
3. Nothing to do with the EU, if anything more likely because of it.
4. Really?

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Brigadier,

You make a startling leap - whatever line of thought you followed it didn't logically follow on from what i had written. FWIW: its only possible to hold a discussion if you stay on page.

AronSearle,

I'm sorry that you lack intelligence in argument, and have to instantly resort to rudeness when you get stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back