eurosec alarm can not set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I used to start the alarm by pressing the alarm remote key. However, it stopped working since last few months. The alarm key pad shows:
  1. Can't Set! use.. Eng.+Anti 3957
  2. Service Tel.No. a phone number.
  3. !!!Enter Code!!! !!Check!!
So I changed all of sensors' batteries and it showed above message after I pressed the alarm remote key.

I also tried to reset the alarm by using the master code, but it showed:
  1. Do you want to set? -> I pressed Yes
  2. It also returned above messages.

May I ask how can I solve the alarm issue?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Hi

We have taken over and replaced 83 in the last 2 years with Pyronix, read between the lines!

It's programmed for engineer reset on tamper ....it requires either an engineer or coded reset....
Is the company ( telephone number) still trading ?

Sponsored Links
It's programmed for engineer reset on tamper ....it requires either an engineer or coded reset....
Is the company ( telephone number) still trading ?
I called the company and I was told To pay the call out fee to investigate. To be honest, I want to try to fix by myself. May is ask what I can do if I want to reset the alarm?

Phone the company back and ask if they programme their control panels with a service timer?
Did you have the system installed ?

Phone the company back and ask if they programme their control panels with a service timer?
Did you have the system installed ?
Actually, it is the previous house owner had the system installed. The company said they deleted all information after the previous house owner terminated the contract with them.

I told them what I have written in the post and the company said they couldn’t help me because I am not their contracted customer. The only way is I pay them the call out fee to investigate.

Two choices
You can sort yourself. This will require you to default the control panel.This could be engineer locked and control panel is useless .If not locked you can reprogram the panel .
Or pay the callout charge. If the company come out any it is on service lock out timer make them turn that function off.They should inform you if the control panel service timer is turn on.

Two choices
You can sort yourself. This will require you to default the control panel.This could be engineer locked and control panel is useless .If not locked you can reprogram the panel .
Or pay the callout charge. If the company come out any it is on service lock out timer make them turn that function off.They should inform you if the control panel service timer is turn on.

Thanks for the reply.
Since the password has only 5 digits, which means I can try up to 99999 times to guess the engineer code. May I ask what will normally display in the key pad if the engineer code is correct?

I suspect you will find that its not as simple as that.

If the previous owner owned the alarm then it shouldn't have been locked, whilst under contract the engineer doesn't have to disclose their engineers code, for a fee then can change the engineers code to something else and give them that code.

As you don't fit into any of those categories, you could get them out or someone else, but you will have to pay I suspect, calling a different firm out though does mean you may end up paying a call out to be told that they can't help you.

you could:-

1. default the panel (may not be locked)
2. if its locked you could decommission or get them out
3. buy a new panel

The choice is yours....

Would at a guess say ...5 digit pin ....it was a monitored system....maybe the monitoring has been disabled but not the reset levels ...

I suspect you will find that its not as simple as that.

If the previous owner owned the alarm then it shouldn't have been locked, whilst under contract the engineer doesn't have to disclose their engineers code, for a fee then can change the engineers code to something else and give them that code.

As you don't fit into any of those categories, you could get them out or someone else, but you will have to pay I suspect, calling a different firm out though does mean you may end up paying a call out to be told that they can't help you.

you could:-

1. default the panel (may not be locked)
2. if its locked you could decommission or get them out
3. buy a new panel

The choice is yours....

Thanks for the reply. May I ask if the panel is the key pad?

No, not it this case.

Keypads are usually the size of your open hand, control panels are usual several hands even with built in keypads.

If you search google images for eurosec you should get a picture of the keypad and the panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back