Eurosec alarm panel - decorating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

I have a wired alarm system with a eurosec cp8l panel under a maintenance contract.

I want to move the panel away from the wall to allow me to strip paper then redecorate.

Was just about to do this then wondered if this may cause tamper alarms.

If so is there anything I can do or is it a call out the company job, which will be upsetting as I wanted to get it all done today!

All help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Don't forget there is a mains supply in the panel.

An alarm panel is not designed to 'hang' from the installed cables. ( Mains especially )

Also there is a battery inside that is not in a fixed position so will move about.

It's not going to be as easy as you may think.

Power down, don't forget the 'bell/siren', and the mains.

Well done, thanks for getting back, makes life worthwhile :)

Sponsored Links
I'll come back with one more decorating/ renovating question.
There is a panic alarm next to our back door attached to a kitchen unit.
I'm replacing this unit, meaning I'd need to take it off then put it back on again to the new unit.
Can this be done? I assume the alarm will go off if I undo the screw on the unit.

Just trying to avoid calling the company out and incurring cost and inconvenience if it's something I can reasonably easily do?

Just confirm that your system is or isn't connected to an ARC/Police.
Don't do anything to the PA if it is.

If not, remove the PA screw & cover that you mention, the alarm will sound, turn it off with your code.

Do your thing, remount the PA and reset it, again then enter your code once or twice to put the panel back to the day setting (off).

Thanks once again, I'll give it a go.

No just a basic wired alarm, not linked to police.

What's a urn?

Thanks once again, I'll give it a go.

No just a basic wired alarm, not linked to police.

What's a urn?
URN - Unique reference number (URN) - Identifies an alarm system (with signalling) within the police systems.

I'm back again with this!

I disconnected my panic button to remove the kitchen unit it was bolted on to. The original wiires went up inside of cupboard, hole drilled through and panic button fitted on other side. My plan was to remove it put it back together and leave it on floor until new units fitted, then site it back again.

The door magnetic sensor is also wired through this button, in that the cable from that runs to the panic button.

tamper went off as predicted, user code silenced it.

However, the cables had to come out to enable the button to come off, I then wired it back the way it was, or so I think.

There were 2 single wires (green and white) wired across the central reed switch (?) thing. I assume this to be the panic button wiring (pressing the button makes it go open circuit?)

2 black wires (one from each cable), twisted and tinned, wired to a terminal with the black metallic strip - I think this is tamper (?)

Then pairs of wires from each cable (red, blue and yellow) twisted and tinned to each of 3 terminals at the bottom.

I put it all back together yet on walktest it shows "front/rear doors" as being open but they are shut!

Currently I've got the button off, I've twisted the single green and white that went across the switch together to remove the "panic alarm" fault. So this pair along with all the other pairs are now wrapped in insulating tape with the alarm unset.

How longwinded for something probably so straightforward to you all!

What have i got wrong? The only thing is some of the solder disintegrated a bit so I twisted the wire pairs together, would this be the issue?

Otherwise its alarm company out time, don't mind getting them - just a pain to get them out to remove a switch on a unit, then back again to but it back after - likely 2 call outs....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back