EUROSEC CP8L reroute bell/siren without alarm going off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you all for your help so far! Hopefully last question.

I've replaced and relocated all the pir sensors (one had a blown capacitor and all were yellow and old), and, rerouted / relaid new alarm cables under floor etc.

The last remnant of the old wiring is the cable to the bell/siren on the outside of the house.
Is runs up the hallway wall to the loft and is painted in brown gloss. Hallway being decorated and this is an eyesore.

I can lay a new cable in a different and "invisible" route.

However, how do I disconnect from the panel without the alarm sounding?

Sponsored Links
Run new cable first ....then swop over ....it’s going to ring if the bellbox battery is ok ....depending on what the bellbox is

Yeah bellbox battery is healthy. I gave it a quick disconnect and it went off.
Is there really no way? Would prefer not having it screaming while I am close to it...

Sponsored Links

Attachments

• 20210310_090958.jpg
    20210310_090958.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 144
And ear plugs...

I guess, if careful, I could connect it in parallel, then disconnect the original.

Or even splice it in parallel in the loft and not have to open the bell box at all. Ok, janky as heck, but, possible. No need for ladders either.

Hmmnn

And ear plugs...

I guess, if careful, I could connect it in parallel, then disconnect the original.

Or even splice it in parallel in the loft and not have to open the bell box at all. Ok, janky as heck, but, possible. No need for ladders either.

Hmmnn
Can you not put the panel into engineer mode first? No expert, but when I replaced my Accenta at the weekend, I put the old panel into engineer mode, climbed the ladders, opened the bell, disconnected the battery (a jumper on the bellbox PCB on mine) and could then disconnect the bell from the control panel in blissful silence. When commissioning the new panel, just did the same in reverse and only hooked the bell battery back up when all was completed. Didn't have to sound the bell at all, apart from a couple of (intentional!) tests.

Can you not put the panel into engineer mode first
I have the engineer code. I guess this was part of my original question. The manual with the alarm is user based - doesnt give any installation or config details.

Was hoping that someone familiar with these boxes could give some insight.

So if I can somehow disable the bell via engineer code, anyone have a walkthrough?

If you're looking for how to do a remote bellbox hold-off, I can't help - I tried to do the same with mine, but couldn't find a model for it and, thus, a way to do it remotely so used the ladders instead.

The end result was the same (no noise!), the only difference was two trips up the ladders (which I guess you'll have to make anyway to replace the wiring). The problem is that the bell has a battery and, in the absence of anything telling it otherwise, it will make noise. Your two choices are to either apply 12v to it to pretend that there is still a panel present or, more simply, go up the ladder and disconnect the battery. In order to do this, you'll need to put the panel into "engineer mode" first, so that when you take the lid off, the anti-tamper switch doesn't set the bell off anyway.

So for me, this worked out as the following, which I think will be pretty generic:
  1. Enter engineer mode. This disables tamper alerts.
  2. Climb ladder. Open bell box. Disconnect battery. (this was a jumper on the PCB for me, so easy enough)
  3. Power off the panel and disconnect bell. It should not make any sound as the battery is disconnected
  4. Disconnect existing wiring from the bell box and replace lid (to close any tamper circuit)
To reconnect with the new cable, it's the same in reverse. Wire up the bellbox, wire up the panel, power it up, enter engineer mode. If all is quiet, you can now test the bell output from the panel and once happy that it's working, with the panel in engineer mode (again, to avoid tripping the tamper alarm), head up the ladder, reconnect the battery, and close up the box. Job done and you shouldn't have heard any noises apart from your bell test.

Gardtec bellbox ....ladders , open box ....disconnect battery IF FITTED OR STILL OK ....remove 12+ ....sound stops ...or remove the 12+ and 0v bell supply at control panel ....does it ring ? If so do above ....if not carry on and replace

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back