Eurozone in trouble.

Sponsored Links
Lol....had a bad day tariff man? Fed beige not been delivered yet?tenant trouble? Your shares took a hit?Wish i had purchased fb.apple...virgin shares etc when first available..i would be fighting off goddesses on my yacht instead of posting on here

Last edited by a moderator:
That has to be the most deluded financial statement ever written on DIYNot. Well done.

Pound has crashed. Our economy is weakened. Maybe things will get better, but a tiny blip upwards is not something to celebrate.

But the recent rise is because MPS blocked No Deal Brexit.

You seem to be celebrating the effect of MPs blocking the Brexit you want.

The recent steady rise of sterling against euro started early august, mp's blocking no deal was early September if I'm not mistaken.
I'm not quite sure why you feel pointing out a 'downtrend reversal' on a chart is "the most deluded financial statement ever written", are you mental?, enlighten me.

https://markets.ft.com/data/currencies/tearsheet/summary?s=gbpeur

Sponsored Links
Christ on a bike, the chart shows that sterling fared almost as bad as the Great 2008 depression, simply as a result of the ref vote. The mere whiff of Brexit and - thump!

Interesting chart actually, click on five year option and scroll across, yes it fell after the referendum but hardly a cliff edge as it had already started falling rapidly from June 2015, it will be interesting to see how the trend reversal which started when Theresa May fell on her sword plays out.
Anyway, charts don't lie.

mp's blocking no deal was early September

and here we are...

Screenshot_2019-09-19 GBPEUR FX Cross Rate - compare foreign exchange rates – FT com.png

Screenshot_2019-09-19 GBPUSD FX Cross Rate - compare foreign exchange rates – FT com.png

Early September

You can actually see Boris' defeats causing the cheerful rise
starting on 3rd Sept.

And here you can see the gloom and depression commencing when 0.1% of the UK elected him leader, announced 23rd July. You can actually see the Johnson Droop preceding his row of defeats causing the rise.

Screenshot_2019-09-19c GBPUSD FX Cross Rate - compare foreign exchange rates – FT com.png

In May 2015, the European Union Referendum Bill was unveiled in the Queen's Speech. This is the UK legislation required to allow the referendum to take place. It then passed through Parliament

and, as filly says:

yes it fell after the referendum but hardly a cliff edge as it had already started falling rapidly from June 2015

Poor filly.

John D, now you really are talking bollax.
You're seriously suggesting that the pound spent a year falling against the euro because a referendum was going to be held which the govt and markets were convinced would go in favour of remain?, you'll need to explain that one to me, could it not be anything to do with the global sell off that started at the same time?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015–16_stock_market_selloff

not be anything to do with the global sell off

when all the stock markets in the world drop, it is not the same as one currency falling against the others.

It is impossible for all the currencies in the world to drop against each other.

It is not impossible for one currency to drop, for example when it is seen that a country is embarking on a potential act of self harm.

Happy to help.

when all the stock markets in the world drop, it is not the same as one currency falling against the others.

Surely it depends on exposure, London will always have more exposure than Europe no?

Sponsored Links
Back