Ever Broken down on a motorway ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have it definately causes your senses to become more acute and accelerated.

I see the idiot that was in charge of the 'smart' ( dumb and dangerous ) motorway improvements has resigned and he was one of the highest paid civil servants in the country. He should face corporate manslaughter charges. Idiotic and stupid idea........How exactly are you supposed to get to one of the refuge areas if youve broken down ?

Sponsored Links
The smart motorways are only as smart as the people using them,so in most cases, thick as mince motorways.

The main problems have been with the people operating them. Smart (dumb) motorways are monitored by operatives watching CCTV covering the length of carriageway where the hard shoulder is in use. When someone breaks down, those monitoring the motorway are supposed to switch signs on to close the hard shoulder to traffic. Being humans, they are faillible and long delays in closing the h/s have cost lives. Craziest invention ever to have breakdowns with nowhere to go for safety, and traffic potentially approaching from behind at 80+. Breaking down on a dumb motorway is one thing that would fill me with dread.

The issues were because the tests and certification was based on motorways which had full CCTV coverage and refuge areas every 500m, but then rolled out to motorways without full coverage and refuge areas 2.5km apart.

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing that cars will soon be as smart as the motorways, so that they 'talk' to each other...?

The problem is that not all cars are smart. Meanwhile people will die until either the car tech catches up or old bangers die out. One day it will all be good...and homogenized...and safe...and boring...and petrol driven speed machines will be a thing of the past...and right wingers will demand more deaths just like the NRA.

Quelle
Bowlox. (y)

False equivalence an ' all that. (y)
You'd be surprised. It's every RWR's God given right to have their own way (not being told what to do), even if that results in deaths. Have you read any of the posts on here or caught a glimpse of the NRA freedoms textbook (USA)?

Cue the hacking, a motorway full of 1.5 tonne 70 mph missiles to play with.

I'm guessing that cars will soon be as smart as the motorways, so that they 'talk' to each other...?

The problem is that not all cars are smart. Meanwhile people will die until either the car tech catches up or old bangers die out. One day it will all be good...and homogenized...and safe...and boring...and petrol driven speed machines will be a thing of the past...and right wingers will demand more deaths just like the NRA.

U seen the speed of some of these leccy cars

The mustang mach e is going to hit the streets

WTF has the national rifle association got to do with it any way :confused:

Anyone know the number of Skiing fatalities annually ?

Perhaps we ought to flatten out all slopes, then human propelled speeding Ski's will be a thing of the past.

Sponsored Links
Back