Evolution chop saw with multicut blade

I use mine mainly for cutting unistrut. My saw rarely cuts perfectly square no matter how carefully you set it up.

I bought a cheap saw as I only use it for maybe one job every two months, and for unistrut work, the cuts don't need to bee 100% precise. For the money I have no complaints.

The firm I used to work for had a DeWalt steel chop saw which was much better, but it's 6 or 7 times more expensive.

Oh and be careful if you do cut steel with the evoloution saw as it often showers you with tiny red hot sparks. I wear a full face visor, long sleeves and gloves when using mine.

I wouldn't ever cut copper pipe or threaded rod with mine, it's far too dangerous in my mind.

I use my angle grinder with a really thin cutting disc for threaded rod.

Sponsored Links
We would tape about 10 threaded bars together and cut them through the tape. Great job.
I opened up with a 9" grinder on site once cutting unistrut and sprayed a new shop front window with sparks and got a right rollicking. :LOL:
Was never too keen on grinders after that.

I got a bit caught out in this recession I needed a 110v chop saw quick,for some agency work recources were tight £99.00 for a 210mm Evolution chop saw,just the job,Well mixed feelings about the tool,THings not happy with; never seemed to hold the same angle from day to day ,I cured that with some heavier washers on the fence no problem since,the blade is a compromise for obvious reasons and must be kept sharp for best results ,but for general paint finish undemanding site work perfectly OK with a little care, my only other gripe is slow spin speed to facilitate metal cutting that hinder's fine wood cutting, I believe other larger models have faster spin speed's and could be a better option ,Likes;soft start and electric brake, good width of cut for size of saw,I had to fit out some student acomodation with miles of hanging rail to chop up It made pretty short work of that,I like the blade guard its the same design as my old 240v Elu and doesnt get in the way The very best and outstanding thing about the Evolution is its weight,its very light, when you have 60 yrd shlep across a muddy building site hopping over dumper ruts and trying to get all your tool's back in the van before midnight,the Evolution chop saw is your man.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back