Circular saw replacement blades

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I today bought this saw to replace a very underpowered Evolution Rage one after it jumped and nearly removed my foot for me:-

http://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/Hitachi C7St J1 4966376193653 C7St Circular Saw 185Mm 240 Volt

It comes with a 185mm 18T blade, which isn't the most suitable! Are blades of different brands generally interchangeable, or do they have different fixing methods

I want a 40 tooth blade or thereabouts I think, for working with laminated boards etc.

Any recommendations welcome!

Sponsored Links
Its really the arbor size thats important, and some replacement blades have reducing shims to accommodate various machines.
You can't go to a bigger diameter mostly, due to the blade catching the footplate, but a smaller diameter - within reason - is ok.
I find Toolstation good for replacement blades.
John :)

Reading around I find that a lot of universal blades have bore reducers, so should be compatible.

I use Saxton blades for my mutlitool, does anyone know how their circular saw blades are?

Its really the arbor size thats important, and some replacement blades have reducing shims to accommodate various machines.
You can't go to a bigger diameter mostly, due to the blade catching the footplate, but a smaller diameter - within reason - is ok.
I find Toolstation good for replacement blades.

Thanks! Any recommended brands?

Sponsored Links
A couple that have come my way have been Titan and DeWalt......they are all tipped blades and perform well enough.
I just keep one for laminates (small teeth) and a couple for ripping.

Thanks again!

I am struggling a bit to find 185mm blades. 190mm are plentiful - whats the deal with such a small difference?!

Can I fit 190mm ones? (Potentially stupid question, but worth asking!)

As far as I can see, if the extra diameter doesn't foul on anything, then go ahead.......do check your arbor requirements though.
I've had so many differing blades on my gear, I'm not sure what the original size was!

Thanks, I was searching for 185mm, but it seems each manufacturer interprets the imperial size sightly different...

Yes I'm sure, but when you search for 185mm, you don't see the 184's!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back