Ex-Council window gasket replacement help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Im trying to find replacement gaskets for my ex-council flat. The Lease says that I'm responsible for fixing and maintaining the windows, and recently rain has started to come inside because the gasket seals have perished on several windows.

I ordered several sample packs, (bubble and E'shaped) but nothing matches. They all seem to have hollow components when my gasket is not hollow.
Can i use a universal shaped gasket?
Does anyone know if its even possible to find a gasket when the windows are the original from when the double glazing was first installed possibly 20 more than years ago?
they are tilt and turn windows, the location is Tower Hamlets East London. Thanks for any assistance.

Sponsored Links
Ask the council's repairs or programmed works team in the housing department who the contractor/supplier was.

There are not many frame sections to choose from.

The free hold was sold, went from Tower Hamlets to various Housing Associations and now lies with Clarion Housing. The windows are old, likely original, and/or more than 20 years old. I am not sure if Tower Hamlets will help, they outsource all their window repairs to a 3rd party. (for the buildings where they DO have responsibility for repairs).

Feel like I"m at a dead end. total nightmare.

Sponsored Links
Have a look at www.sealsdirect.co.uk. There may be other similar suppliers.

In the past, I've provided a section (or detailed dimensioned drawing) to a local extrusion company and had some made. The main cost was the tooling for the shape, and then it was just about the metres required. It may be worth enquiring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back