Excessive shaking from washing machine post new floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

In desperate need of help. We've just laid a new luxury vinyl floor that we purchased from homebase. They are plastic tiles that fit together just like laminate floor. We've used 3mm underlay that has been laid on top of the old Lino that then sits there a concrete floor.

It's all been laid down well but we've put all the appliances back and now the washing machine is excessively shaking during a spin and at normal wash. It was not like this before when it was on the Lino.
We've levelled the feet and checked with a sprit levels. We can see the floor moving "moving up and down" under the feet but from the research we have done, the flooring shouldn't have made a difference?

Does anyone have any ideas of what is happening here and what we can do? I really don't want to have to take it all up

Sponsored Links
I think this is better suited to the flooring forum.. Going to post it there..

The washing machine seems to be unbalanced. Can you adjust the back legs with the washing machine in its possition? In my one I can not reach so I can only adjust the legs and then hope that when i put it back it is still balanced.

Sponsored Links
Hi North,

Thanks for you reply. The washing machine is level, even used a spirit level to ensure it is level. Adjusted the legs to do this, even tried using off cuts in the hope that would help but it is the same result.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back