Expansion vessel location

It's a Worcester-Bosch boiler and he said taking replacing the internal EV would take much longer and this was the more cost effective option.
Which model? Surely the “internal” one would be better, unless it’s the type I’ve mentioned? Also was it gone or just need pumping up?

Sponsored Links
OMG!
Are you sure he was qualified Gas Safe?

Paint it white for now maybe?
Ha! Yes.....I Iook at the GSR every year before he does the work.

He doesn't always fill me with confidence but a couple of times he has fixed issues other plumbers have failed to sort out.....so I still get him back :)

It definitely needs painting or boxing in.

Honestly, if he does work for you every year then just ask him to change it for a grey one at least, it will take him all of 10mins. If he orders one of the flat ones I mentioned, it will disappear. They are roughly the same price too.

To be honest I'd suggest that even a box section up there will look weird and out of place.

Reactions: CBW
Maybe not gas qualified, just a plumber, and so wasn't qualified to open up the boiler, so did all he was allowed to do - fit it on the pipe externally.

Yes, you can box it in, it will get no hotter than your pipework and radiators, but aesthetically better if the failed one inside the boiler is replaced.
did you miss that he said serviced the boiler

Sponsored Links
Which model? Surely the “internal” one would be better, unless it’s the type I’ve mentioned? Also was it gone or just need pumping up?
I think it's a Greenstar 24i Junior.

He said the EV needed replacing.

It looks like an 8l EV, which seems to be about £50....so charging £400 is a decent bit of work!

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
It looks like an 8l EV, which seems to be about £50....so charging £400 is a decent bit of work!
Oh dear, time to get a new engineer methinks.

That's a bit steep to install a new remote EV. That being said you are London where things tend to be much more expensive but wow, ~£350 to fit that there. :eek:

Again, ask him to install a grey one, a 2min look on Fleebay brought up loads of new flat grey ones for less than £50

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back