Expansion Vessel Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to install an expansion vessel next to a CH boiler and remove the expansion tank in the roof.
In my other property the expansion tank is installed with the fittings (safety vale, filler etc.) at the top. The diagrams that have come with the vessel I've just bought who the fittings coming in at the bottom, i.e. the tank is the other way up.

Am I right in assuming that it doesn't matter which way up the vessel is?

The reason is the manifold that has come with the filling loop is asymmetric with different fittings for the input and the connection to the system. If the vessel is installed with the fittings below it, the water input is on the right but the mains supply is coming from the left. If I install the vessel with the fittings at the top the inlet is on the left where the inflow is coming from.

Sponsored Links
Spooky- I`ve just done the same myself @ home - and strangely in all the years I spent plumbing - only ever asked for 2 sealed systems :confused: Anyways I put mine in with the vessel under the fittings and the label upside down :oops: Only reason I can think it should be with fittings @ bottom is to allow draining of the system and the vessel itself - like when house is left unoccupied and system is drained - like once in a blue moon ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back