Expansion vessel question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

How many pumps on average will be ok to recharge an expansion vessel (3 bed standard size house)? As my pressure gauge on my foot pump isn't working :(

Thanks for your help all :)

Sponsored Links
Single barrel foot pump? double barrel foot pump? Standard size bicycle pump? Compact size bicycle pump? ...... Gizza clue

Sponsored Links
Will all depend on whether vessel is flooded with water or not , go get a gauge.

Will be looking for around .7 bar pre-charge pressure.

EV's have a car type schrader valve on the top...press the centre and if water comes out, waste ye not your time......
Aim for 10 psi with the system depressurised - and how many strokes with the foot pump depends on the size of the EV! :p
John :)

got 2 gauges, neither move! no water comes out, a bit of air did but hardly any, how comes the gauge doesn't move?

'Cos there is no pressure to measure.... That's why the pump..

There is a sticky on repressurising the EV in the FAQs

no even when i pump, the gauge doesn't rise at all!! any recommendations for a decent gauge?

I use a cheap digital car tyre gauge off eBay

This will read down to 0.1 Bar (just), so is ok-ish at registering the 0.5 Bar or so required.

Many analogue ones and really cheap digi ones won't do at these low pressures.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back