Expansion vessels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Santon 10 Litre water heaters,

On the expansion vessels can you connect them onto the water supply directly via a flexi or should there be some sort of valve on top?

The reason I ask is that I got asked to fit one the other day and the guy said he's got an expansion vessel hanging around so we could use that. Connected up as above, but have got water coming through the tundish constantly, could be the pressure of the mains supply which I'm checking tomorrow, or I figure it might have something to do with this vessel.

Sponsored Links
you need to check what charge the vessel has use a tyre pressure gauge on the air inlet valve on the top on it. Then either pump up the pressure if its flat or let some air out if its low

you need to check what charge the vessel has use a tyre pressure gauge on the air inlet valve on the top on it. Then either pump up the pressure if its flat or let some air out if its low

methinks you mean high :idea:

might be an idea to check the controls as well could be a passing prv ;)

Sponsored Links
I've had a lot of new expansion vessels where the diaphragm stickes over the water inlet connection, to remedy this pressurise with water, then let out the air via the Schraeder valve, you will heat the vessel make a cracking noise when the seal breaks, then drain the water and re-pressurise the air side to the required pressure. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back