Expenses or perks?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seems to me it's not that much difference what with approval from those in charge of handing them out, so where will the next witchunt be?

We say it's morally wrong but what about the perks given to the private sector, mostly not affecting us through tax (apart from the banking system) but affecting us through higher prices and therefore through the economy.

where does it stop? It would in my opinion be wrong to selectively pick on just one or two sectors be they MP's or Bankers.

If we are after a fair society then all must be controlled but here's the problem, CONTROL do we wish to be told what we can and cant do in all walks of life?

It seems to me that we can offload our anger on who we wish but are not so willing to have any retribution.

Sponsored Links
Waaay too deep Timothy :LOL: .

Politicians are trough-feeding pigs. Thus, they deserve to be witchhunted, if there is such a verb!

Simples.

Hmmm fix my dry rot? Accomodate a Gurkah? Support an invalided soldier? So many questions... I'll ring Rentakil !

Oooops, more revelations :-
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/stand...olice+'doubling+wages+in+overtime'/article.do

Those blooming skiving nurses will want o/t pay and even full recompense for fuel and wear and tear next... tsk, tsk

Did that Doctor make the PCT meeting he is being paid for? Oh no one checks that, never mind, he's a decent lad !
:D

A couple of years ago (pre-credit crunch), when all was hunky-dory and everyone was in work, fiddling the expenses sheet was a part of the job and a boon for all middle management and excec's.

But now all those middle management and executive jobs are gone and the people employed within those positions, are now unemployed and very bitter.

Very bitter.

So, as they stare at the tv screen with a can of beer in hand, unshaven, grumbling and cursing, seeing all those privileged mp's hoovering up tax payers money, whilst they fester on a dole cheque allowance, then there are bound to be ripples.

It is only natural to feel desperate when things are scarce. You would kill for a loaf of bread if your kids were hungry.

I have never liked or trusted politicians and am not even remotely surprised by their deceit or lies.

I do find it mildly amusing however that all and sundry are jumping on the lynch mob bandwagon simply because they are no longer in a position to be greedy themselves.

I do also find it profoundly sad that hard working single moms and not so well of couples are threatened with prison because they have mistakenly been overpaid a social allowance and are not in a position to pay it back.

Sponsored Links
A couple of years ago (pre-credit crunch), when all was hunky-dory and everyone was in work, fiddling the expenses sheet was a part of the job and a boon for all middle management and excec's.

But now all those middle management and executive jobs are gone and the people employed within those positions, are now unemployed and very bitter.

Very bitter.

So, as they stare at the tv screen with a can of beer in hand, unshaven, grumbling and cursing, seeing all those privileged mp's hoovering up tax payers money, whilst they fester on a dole cheque allowance, then there are bound to be ripples.

It is only natural to feel desperate when things are scarce. You would kill for a loaf of bread if your kids were hungry.

I have never liked or trusted politicians and am not even remotely surprised by their deceit or lies.

I do find it mildly amusing however that all and sundry are jumping on the lynch mob bandwagon simply because they are no longer in a position to be greedy themselves.

I do also find it profoundly sad that hard working single moms and not so well of couples are threatened with prison because they have mistakenly been overpaid a social allowance and are not in a position to pay it back.

And that's it in a nutshell. ;)

Roughcaster.

Fiddling expenses in the private sector is a matter for the company - it affects their profits etc.

MPs fiddling their expenses is a different kettle of fish completely.

Fiddling expenses in the private sector is a matter for the company - it affects their profits etc.
That can have an effect on the economy if a company raises priices, therefore I dont think there is any business that we dont pay for one way or another.

I wasnt really talking about fiddling anyway more expenses and entitlement to them, A lot of MP's are saying that they were given permission for these expenses claims.

So, it didn't occur to them that it was not a desirable thing to do, nor that this "system" is clearly corrupt. That's even more worrying.

So, it didn't occur to them that it was not a desirable thing to do, nor that this "system" is clearly corrupt. That's even more worrying.
Some have stretched the rules to the limit fair enough but there are others saying they thought they were within the rules.

Lets face it it is a job at the end of the day and if there is a system to allow you to claim back expenses then you are going to do so, do you yourself claim expenses?

Yes, I claim legitimate expenses, but not of the order of MPs.

What amazes me is those who took full advantage of the system, who are now claiming that it was an inappropriate system to use, open to abuse, and which they themselves admit abusing.

An old college lecturer once posed us the question "Is a problem only a problem when it's recognised as a problem?" It would appear that MPs think the answer is "yes"

A lot of MP's are saying that they were given permission for these expenses claims.
Quite a few of these claims were not expenses, but were fraudulent claims.
Anyone in the private sector, doing the same, would have been hauled before the courts.

Can I fraudulently claim mortgage payments for 3 years, yes of course you can dear boy, well thats OK then.

You seem to be missing the point, that many MP's believe this to be so serious, it is becoming a constitutional crisis.

You seem to be missing the point, that many MP's believe this to be so serious, it is becoming a constitutional crisis.

They appear to be asking "how dare they (those who authorised the payments) let us sin?" in an attempt to abdicate responsibility

For people that are supposed to be running the Country sic, they have a lot of "Sloppy Accountants"

NHS an all public departments are just as bad, the waste and fiddles is horrendous.

Sponsored Links
Back