Expert Witness Needed! Boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am in need of an expert witness by a qualified heating engineer to do a report on the functionality of a boiler now, and for the past couple of years.

We are near the Croydon area and the report need to be in by the 25th March.

Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Before you go to the expense of employing an "expert", why not tell us what the problem is? Someone is very likely to know the solution.

Before you go to the expense of employing an "expert", why not tell us what the problem is? Someone is very likely to know the solution.

The problem is I need an expert witness by the 25th March. It's been requested by a court. I have no choice in the matter.

How would this expert verify the functionality for the past couple of years? :confused:

Sponsored Links
As I suspect you are the plaintiff in this matter you have every choice! It would help your search for an expert witness if you could specify what specific problem has resulted in the court case, different people have expertise in different areas of heating..

A report cannot be done retrospectively it would only be valid for the day it was carried out and what the condition/ operation of the system was on that day, and also will not guarntee any future issues that may occur.
Has this anything to do with a house sale by any chance?

A report cannot be done retrospectively it would only be valid for the day it was carried out and what the condition/ operation of the system was on that day, and also will not guarntee any future issues that may occur.
Has this anything to do with a house sale by any chance?

Things to be addressed were

If the boiler is currently working (can a shower hot bath be run)
If the boiler needs repair and if so set out in detail and when this problem was likely to have started.
Whether keeping the boiler on 24hrs a day would cause the boiler to lockout.
Meaning od the various British gas homecare checklist repair reports including ones stating the boiler was unsafe to use etc etc.
whether in view of the checklists was the boiler safe to use from march 2013 onwards or what periods was it not safe.

No it is not about a house sale.

If British Gas homecare had deemed the boiler unsafe to use i.e. immediately dangerous then they should have disconnected it from the gas supply with your permission and if you refused then your supply would have been terminated by the transporter, if they deemed it to be just At Risk then they would most certainly have left it switched off and you or someone else has turned it back on

You need someone with practical knowledge of your boiler, so a Gas Safe Registered Installer would be your best bet.

You could try:

1. Carshalton Boilers (020 8395 8060). They serviced my boiler when I lived in Croydon.

2. BSW Heating (020 8763 5300)

What boiler make/model is it? I'm sure there's a few people on here who would be prepared to be an expert witness...for the right price

Would have thought the best expert would be the manufacturer if they are intertested.

You could contact the Gas Safe Register and request an inspection. A GSR inspector would surely be accepted by a court as an expert witness but, as pointed out, would only be able to assess the installation for gas safety issues on the day of inspection.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back