Explanation of thermostat vs control temp

Only downside I can see is if its a open vented system that depending on the way the vent & cold feed are arranged that you could get pump over into the F&E tank leading to air ingress so wouldn't advise it if it a OV system. If a sealed system then no problem as the pump can only develop 0.7bar head (max) and the boiler PRV is set to 3.0bar.

Sponsored Links
Only downside I can see is if its a open vented system that depending on the way the vent & cold feed are arranged that you could get pump over into the F&E tank leading to air ingress so wouldn't advise it if it a OV system. If a sealed system then no problem as the pump can only develop 0.7bar head (max) and the boiler PRV is set to 3.0bar.
What about bypass valves and things like that? Can they open up when pump is too powerful?

There ave been several iterations of Logic boilers and an ErP pump may be operated fixed speed (single wire connection) or modulated (two wires to the pump). Confirm Jonathan's data is correct.

Sponsored Links
What's your boiler, what's your annual gas consumption? Currently NG is around 8.5p/kW, what do you anticipate your saving to need to be to make it worthwhile subtracted from any improvement in usability or convenience or comfort?

Sorry for late reply, hard to keep up with what this thread has become !

My costs are really just the new tado kit, providing it's back in stock soon, which costs around £180. Not a huge cost, but it's likely to be some bother trying to get it actually working as I think this thread proves, manufacturers need to start making this stuff clearer. Getting an installer to sort for me seems even harder as I've asked around and no one wants to touch the 'new tech stuff'.

What is that NG based on? Apologies if i've missed a chart/post about that; my current boiler does do some basic modulation but that's it.

And yes the other factor is the comfort which at this point is hard to calculate as it's a huge unknown, but comments regarding the tado suggest the heat constancy is noticeable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back