Explosive boiler pressure.....help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Vokera Cpact combi boiler which is just over 12 months old but is under an extended warrenty. I had real problems with a fluctuating hot water temp. which was diagnosed as being caused by a inlet water flow regulator (???). THis was removed (looked like a tiny piece of plastic in the inlet bit where the cold water went into the boiler) and problem solved. However - I checked the central heating pressure yesterday and it was running at 3 bar. So I drained away enough to bring it back down to 1-1.5 bar. This evening the pressure has shot up again. I've repeated the process but what could be causing this? Does the CH water pressure increase because it is warmer outside? Would the flow regulator be required to prevent water unintentionally entering the CH system? Should I evacuate? Help!!!

Sponsored Links
Is the fill loop the shiney silver tube with a plastic tap on which leads off the cold water pipe to teh central heating bit of the boiler and is used to top up the boiler? If so then it is closed (however it may have sprung a leak???). Sorry about the poor use of technical terms :oops:

Sponsored Links
Then make use of your extended warranty, after all, that's what you've paid for.
action-smiley-060.gif

Cheers all....called up Vokera & an engineer is out on Tues. They reckon it's a leaking seal on the inlet something.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back