Extend plumbing to reach new washer drainage pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm attempting to extend the plumbing under the sink a little, as the drainage pipe on the new washing machine doesn't reach the spigot.

I've bought a mcalpine flexcon 4 pipe thinking i could just connect that onto the tee and then attach the spigot to the end of that. The problem is that the tee is a male connector, and both sides of the flexcon 4 are also male connectors.

So my question is, how can i connect the 2 together? is there some form of adapter i can use, or maybe a tee with a female connector i can attach the flexcon 4 pipe to?

JHGAEnq.jpg

(both male connectors, need to join them)

http://www.screwfix.com/p/mcalpine-multifit-flexcon4-flexible-connector-white-40mm-157-242mm/86386

Basically what would work, would be a female and female connector, but after hours of searching there doesn't seem to be one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm pulling my hair out here.

note: I've already got the washer set-up with a drainage pipe extension, but i don't like it this way, as it looks to messy. I've also read that the proper way to do this is to extend the plumbing to reach the washing machine drainage pipe, not the other way around.

Thanks
Lee

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back