Extend ring main.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to extend my ring main (not spur) is it still permitted to use junction boxes if not what other way's are acceptable.
thanks

Sponsored Links
Provided they are accessible for inspection and testing.

Don't forget the requirements for concealed cable routes, and that now all sockets and most concealed cables will need RCD protection.

Also, how do you plan to test the circuit after you've modified it?

Thanks for your fast reply, the circuit is protected by the consumer unit (rcd), one run will be vertical through a new stud wall and another will be horizontal between two existing sockets, hopefully the testing of the circuit will be carried out by a qualified electrician in a few weeks time who is moving some light switches for me.
thanks

Has this electrician designed the extension to ring and instructed you what, and how, to do it? If so,then he can certify the completed job, if not then he should,n,t

Sponsored Links
Has this electrician designed the extension to ring and instructed you what, and how, to do it? If so,then he can certify the completed job, if not then he should,n,t

I think the OP only wants it tested, not certified.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back