Extended Guarantee

Sponsored Links
Good idea for new type of phone !! No camera but multi, switchable sims !!
Get those J a p s to work on it !!

Having said that, buck the system, don't :- use moby : borrow : rent : buy anything : :( :( :(

P

Pip - yeah, agreed. The ultimate way to buck the trend is to "buy out" of consumerism, but I reckon there is a halfway house.

securespark said:
Pip - yeah, agreed. The ultimate way to buck the trend is to "buy out" of consumerism, but I reckon there is a halfway house.

Yes but, can I get a loan to buy it? :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Half way house ... Neither here nor there, up nor down, in nor out, alive but dead ...... The Tweenagers lament !!
The eternal balancing act between 'needs' and 'wants' - Reduce the needs and control the wants - Boring equilibrium !!

P

pipme said:
Half way house ... Neither here nor there, up nor down, in nor out, alive but dead ...... The Tweenagers lament !!
The eternal balancing act between 'needs' and 'wants' - Reduce the needs and control the wants - Boring equilibrium !!

P
I would have thought the establishment had already done so by overstretching the limits of one's income so what chance have the teenagers of today got?

Perhaps that is the odious part ... let us loose, watch us amass debt ... spend more and more, build up tenuous home values ... Then milk that resource .. Remember the Govn supposedly for our benefit, up in arms over car prices? No doubt we all guessed why, reduce car cost .. more for Gordon to milk ... Where does it all end ?

P

The "halfway house" I have witnessed is in the case of someone I know who does everything with cash. They have no direct debits, no credit cards, they only have a debit card because their new bank account came with one. They pay the rent in cash, buy their groceries in cash. What she does is, on payday she takes out however much cash she needs for the month and separates it into different envelopes depending on what it is to be used for.

She lives very well despite not having a massive income, and never worries about debt because she has never been in debt. She always has money to go out on a Friday night, go on holiday, take her daughter for trips etc. etc. I wish I could be so organised and disciplined, but I am one of Thatcher's children and "need" to have nice things to compensate me for selling my soul to capitalism :LOL:

Here is a way to ensure depression: sit down and work out how much of your salary each month goes into interest on your mortgage (shut it Simon! ;) ), car payments, hire purchase, credit cards, student debt (shakes fist).

Zero % ;)
Do not mention Uni debts :cry: ... just about under control. With the second one, starting out with the big fees in 06 :eek: :confused: :cry: :evil: !!!!
5 years to sanity, from now, and counting !!

P

I refuse to have a credit card. I only have debit card. If ever I'm passing thro' a service stn, and get accosted by a c/c girl, I tell them two more years - my bankruptcy is not spent yet!!

Drives Julie mad, because although I have seriously contemplated b/ruptcy, I have never been so.

Credit cards are a baaaaaad baaaaaad thing.

They pray on psychology... Many people will gladly use a credit card, because it is like using real money. However, many people would see getting a low-interest loan as a taboo... Who wants to be like the people on the "Borrow your way out of debt" adverts?

It is something that is very easy to get carried away with... I know my CC bill is bigger than I would like it to be, so I worked out how much I can afford to pay each month and I will have it paid off in a few months... provided I don't use it between now and then!!! Perhaps I might just cut it up to be on the safe side...

AdamW said:
Credit cards are a baaaaaad baaaaaad thing.
As long as you are in control I find credit card is safer since I had my wallet pinch :cry:
I must admit, I do spend more with it :oops: but as long I can afford it.
If I remember rightly, if you use barclaycard, the purchase are insured if you drop it or damaged plus extended warranty. Another good thing is if you paid your holiday costs in full and the travel agent went busted, you're protected and also internet buying. You're right regarding credit card are bad if you don't control it but can easily get out of control.

You're definitely right with the security aspect of it... I knew someone who kept their pin number in their wallet with their bankcard, wallet went missing as did several hundred pounds. They hadn't taken out card cover so lost the money.

Last year I decided to pay off a credit card completely so I rang up with switch card and credit card in hand. I wasn't sure of the exact balance, but thought it was in the region of £1000 (had been on holiday). So, I asked them to read it out.. "Severn thousand, four hundred and..." Eh? Did I hear that right? I got the lady to read the last few purchases and they were both for over £3K... In South Africa!!!

The ironic thing is, my father had been in SA on business just before then, and his CC was automatically cancelled when he tried to use it there (he had never used it abroad before so the security algorithms kicked in and decided it had been cloned)

Luckily because it was a CC I didn't have to pay for it directly... but I (and all you other CC users) are now paying for it through a slight increase in rates due to the CC company losing money on it.

Sponsored Links
Back