Extending a plug socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

I want to add a plug socket in my bedroom and since I know nothing about electrics I would like some advice!

There is a plug socket a few metres away, so would the normal procedure be to run a cable from that one to the new location or does it not work like that?

Also, it would have to go around a corner, I don't know if that makes any difference or not?

I will be getting a sparky in to do it, I just wanted to get a rough idea of what was involved so I can plan ahead for other things before I call one out.

Thanking you. :)

Sponsored Links
It might be possible to go direct, it may be just as easy to head down and run the wires under the floorboards.

Yep, ask your sparky the best way as he can see the job, either way is allowable.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your advice. :)

I will get someone in to advise. At least I know it's possible now. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back