Extending BT master socket.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Read through various threads and youtube videos but my master socket looks different?

Picture attached, how can I extend this? Can I add another two wires into A + B (same slot?) then the new box would be two wires also? But what if thats numbered?

Box -NTE5

Attachments

• D2EDAF12-65C1-41C9-B345-B56DEBB73581.jpeg
    D2EDAF12-65C1-41C9-B345-B56DEBB73581.jpeg
    232.5 KB · Views: 385
Sponsored Links
Extension wiring connects to the smaller piece that plugs into the front. Those terminals are for the incoming line only.

Thanks very much, makes sense now,

Another questions I was talking to my brother who said if I did extend it (to where I want) which would be beside tv/sky etc that the extension might cause some interference with router .

Is this the case? As if it is, I will leave it where it is now

if I did extend it (to where I want) which would be beside tv/sky etc that the extension might cause some interference with router .

Potentially. Providing you use CW1308 cable (twisted pair - NOT alarm cable), and avoid power cables, you minimise this risk. You can always give it a go, and if you have problems, put it back.

I'd recommend recording your line stats in the master, then comparing when you put on the end of the extension.

Do you have any other extensions (dead or alive), around the house?

Sponsored Links
Potentially. Providing you use CW1308 cable (twisted pair - NOT alarm cable), and avoid power cables, you minimise this risk. You can always give it a go, and if you have problems, put it back.

I'd recommend recording your line stats in the master, then comparing when you put on the end of the extension.

Do you have any other extensions (dead or alive), around the house?

Thanks, there on the same wall there is good going to be two double sockets, satellite faceplate, so Im guessing this may be an issue, I rather not make holes in the way if its not going to work as good

Nope none other

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back