Extending Cooker Point

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have to move a 45amp cooker socket point further along the wall in my kitchen. I am unsure of the best way to join the ends of the existing cable to the new cable that I will be buying. The joint will be sunk into the wall and plastered over ultimately. Also, what sized cable will I need to buy? Any tips gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
to bury a joint it must be done permenantly - using crimps and a ratchet crimper and heatshrink sleeving.

To be honest, I would get an electrician to do this - the kit costs a fair bit, and you'll probably only use it once.

Also, theres the part p issue - have you told your local council you're doing this work? Its against the law for you not to do so, but entirely your choice. Using an electrician is much easier than DIY for part p-able work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back