extending GU10 fitting

Reaction score
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hi there.....I am a complete novice at electrical stuff, so sorry if my wording is not right... in my new house there is no bulb in one fitting/socket (the bit the bulb fits into!) in the bathroom ceiling. when I have looked at it I have found that the fitting/socket will not reach to the hole in the ceiling that has been made for it....it is a few inches short....so any bulb fittied would not reach. is there a simple (bearing in mind my ineptitude) extension that I can buy that fits into the GU10 fitting/socket easily and ends in another GU10 fitting/socket. if so, can you please leave a link in your reply. I have searched online and not found anything...I found this http://www.lightinthebox.com/e27-to...b-flexible-extend-adapter-socket_p846034.html but this converts an E27 to Gu10.....what I want is something just like this but gu10 to gu10 many thanks

Sponsored Links
Since USA not sure my answer will be valid. However some years ago we got the cold cathode lamp in the main replaced with LED today, but the lamp was longer and some fittings were made for these long lamps. I will guess that's the case with you. In the main the fitting is not suitable for a tungsten lamp as they get too hot. However you say inches and the cold cathode was less than one inch longer.

There are more compact adaptors so you could get a GU10 to ES then ES to GU10. Also I have a SES lamp LED which is very like a GU10 lamp and I am sure you could use a GU10 to SES and then use a SES lamp. However here in the UK we have E14 = SES and E27 = ES, plus standard BA22d. I am told in USA you are still imperial so sizes are not quite the same. So I would suggest you find a forum for USA or at least ask moderators to move this post to "
Electrics Outside of the UK" section.

When you tell us that you live in the USA, what reason(s) should we have for disbelieving you?

screenshot_800.jpg

Sponsored Links
Don't worry. It's not your fault - it's just that ban all sheds hasn't a clue where he lives so assumes that no-one else does either.

I know I live in London. I know that London is in the UK. What part of my location info in my profile do you believe is wrong?

OTOH, Derry is NOT in the Irish Republic. So in your case, what is broken? Is it your atlas, or is it your mind?

OTOH, Derry is NOT in the Irish Republic. So in your case, what is broken? Is it your atlas, or is it your mind?
I don't doubt that Risteard is well aware of the fact that as far as current political boundaries are concerned it is within the Northern Ireland province of the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland. Neither do I doubt that you are well aware of the fact that feelings as to whether or not that should be the case sometimes run quite high in Ireland, and that some people wish to display an allegiance which is contrary to the current political status quo, generally accompanied by referring to the city as Derry rather than the British-derived Londonderry. Throwing around insults when you must surely be aware of that is not helpful.

I have no idea where Risteard lives, but have you also considered the possibility, given that Derry is only a few miles from the border, that he does actually live in the Republic but lists Derry as his location because it's more meaningful to many people as a guide to the general area in which he's located rather than some little village in Co. Donegal that the majority of people have never heard of?

Neither do I doubt that you are well aware of the fact that feelings as to whether or not that should be the case sometimes run quite high in Ireland, and that some people wish to display an allegiance which is contrary to the current political status quo, generally accompanied by referring to the city as Derry rather than the British-derived Londonderry.
I am aware of that.

But until the facts change I DGAS what their feelings are when it comes to describing their location. Until the facts change Londonderry is in the UK, not the ROI.

One point of order: Perhaps my memory is fading with middle age, but I seem to remember something about the city passing a resolution to change the official name to the CIty of Derry some years ago.

Sponsored Links
Back