extending light to another room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am needing a light in my new garage .which is adjoining the house....i have a 2way switch in the room nxt to garage .....that is 1 light ..2 switches controlling the light ...the rose has 2yellows connected to connecter\2 reds to connecter and 2 blacks connected to connector
then another red and black to rose ..how do i connect the cable to run to garage for another rose and 1 light switch?
ty
help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
any chance of a picture as the description is a bit confusing..

by yellow i presume you mean yellow and green.. ie earth..

if not then there should also be 2 blues somewhere...

it SOUNDS like you have live in, live out and a switch wire to one of the switches ( with a 3 core between switches for strappers.. )

ColJack said:

it SOUNDS like you have live in, live out and a switch wire to one of the switches ( with a 3 core between switches for strappers.. )

no yellow part of the cable for using 2 switches i presume its yellow ,blue, red and earth cable bylook of it theres 3cbles.....1 two core n two..3 core

Sponsored Links
gg1a said:
ColJack said:

no yellow part of the cable for using 2 switches i presume its yellow ,blue, red and earth cable bylook of it theres 3cbles.....1 two core n two..3 core

sorry my mistake 2 blues together not blacks...iv took pic but how do i upload ? [/list][/url][/code][/wiki]

beleive it or not up loading pictures and other usefull info is in the part of the forum called Forum information

helps with what? and the picture is way out of focus and too dark

its out of focus but gives an idea of what im talking about

breezer ur an arsehole...iv had nothin but negative replies from..u
a qualified spark would know that set up....which u aint or a fckin bad 1
do not reply to my posts again
asshole

the 2 reds in the connector block are your live

the blue with the black in the ceiling rose is you neutral.

the green / yellow into the brass terminal on the ceiling rose is your earth..

those 2 reds can be put into the 3 terminals on the ceiling rose ( the middle set that is curently empty.. ( usually labled loop )

your new light should be fed from these terminals..

enjoy..

how exactly do you get an out of focus picture with a digital camera?? :D

my eyesight is like that anyway without my glasses..

Breezer

I agree with you. The photo lacks the necessary clarity to provide informed and accurate advice to the question.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back