Extending Microbore??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

A plumbing novice in need of a little advice!,
I am moving a radiator onto the next wall so that we can have french doors fitted.
When I looked at the pipe work behind the plasterboard I found it to be 10mm microbore connected to 15mm for the valve connectors.

Speaking to my local plumber he told me that he cannot connect (solder?) microbore together (so that it would enable him to extend it and run it behind the skirting), he told me that he would have to trace it back to some 15mm pipe :confused: .
If this is the case it would mean ripping up my newly laid bathroom floor and what is to say that the microbore runs further than expected.

Is he right? or is it a case of not being interested in the job?
When he calls round is there a name for these connectors so that I can ask him about?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
of course you can solder microbore together, what is your "plumber" mate on.

sheesh, did he get his training with one of this "in 20 mins I can make YOU, yes YOU a plumber" courses

he is talking aboslute ****** end feed fittings (compression and push fit as well) are availible at any decnt plumbers merchant. **** me you can even buy em at one of the bif b+Q sheds

the mind boggles

o.k. Kev, your secret is safe with me....& the rest of the forum.. ;) :D :D

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, I have been in contact with another plumber who also stated the comment to be carp, the only thing he said was that I would have to be careful how much extra new pipework I run as it is 10mm microbore.

timber said:
Thanks guys, I have been in contact with another plumber who also stated the comment to be carp, the only thing he said was that I would have to be careful how much extra new pipework I run as it is 10mm microbore.

now he sounds like he knows what i she on about.

sheesh the other bloke is a gobshyte

even worse than ME (shivers at the conotation of that statement)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back