extending the house

Sponsored Links
well there was no need to spit your dummy out that way, i always thank all at the end of my threads on any forums as do others.

yes your advice was helpful and i am grateful but your coming across as a right sado

You will also not be able to build part of the foundation over the boundary either so this would be a problem too unless the foundation was eccentric

Hmmm

Yes you can and it can be done quite legally even without permision of the land owner .

P.s do i get a thank you :)

well there was no need to spit your dummy out that way, i always thank all at the end of my threads on any forums as do others.

yes your advice was helpful and i am grateful but your coming across as a right sado
As mentioned your opinion of me is irrelevant, you can stick your thanks up your backside, my rant is against the sector of newbies who post here a few times and offer no acknowledgement, many regulars on here will know exactly from where I am coming.

Sponsored Links
As mentioned your opinion of me is irrelevant, you can stick your thanks up your backside, my rant is against the sector of newbies who post here a few times and offer no acknowledgement, many regulars on here will know exactly from where I am coming.

Agree with you 100% Fred. My old mum taught me that a Ta or thank you was common courtesy and cost you nothing. Then again, Fred I am old school.
oldun ;)

You will also not be able to build part of the foundation over the boundary either so this would be a problem too unless the foundation was eccentric

Hmmm

Yes you can and it can be done quite legally even without permision of the land owner . :)

Would be very interested if you would kindly explain to us how this can be done, or please point our nose in the right direction to read this in black and white. Unless, of coures you are referring to section 23 page 17 of the Party Wall Act.
Thanking you in anticipation.
oldun

Hmmm

Yes you can and it can be done quite legally even without permission of the land owner .

P.s do i get a thank you :)
Rubbish!

Wow i get a Rubbish ,have you never heard of the party wall act.
When you read it ,i may accept an appolgy

Please educate the regulars where it says in the Party Wall Act that you can build over the boundary without the other landowners permission.

6)Where the building owner builds a wall wholly on his own land in accordance with subsection (4) or (5) he shall have the right, at any time in the period which—.(a)begins one month after the day on which the notice mentioned in the subsection concerned was served, and.

(b)ends twelve months after that day,.
to place below the level of the land of the adjoining owner such projecting footings and foundations as are necessary for the construction of the wall.
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1996/40/section/1

:D

No problem

The Act can overide your common law rights in some situations,

I personally dont think it should be allowed as it just does not seem right somehow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back