Extension appeals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

has anyone ever appealed against a planning decision and won??

I would love to hear people’s experiences

thanks

Sponsored Links
Regularly. A highly rewarding and uplifting process, like so much of planning. I recommend it.

Sponsored Links
Any appeal has to have merit, not just be on some random "I think the council are wrong" basis. That's my experience. Oh and the planning inspectors are a bit stuck up.

There was a period mid 90s to mid 00s in Wales where around 40% of all appeals were upheld. Dunno what it is now. A large chunk of those were considered to be because the LPA introduced arbitrary rules based upon planners' opinions/preferences not planning law and/or the local development plan. It became a time when it was regarded as, 'worth a punt'.

Back in the days when there was less delegated powers and all planning apps, even minor ones, used to go to committee, quite a number would get refused against the officers recommendation. The applicant would use the officers original recommendations as grounds for appeal and the same officer would then have to make a case for refusal, you can imagine how much effort he put in! Anyhow most of them had the approval granted on appeal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back